Friday, August 29, 2014

The Dream of the Rood

"The Dream of the Rood" was depicted as a tree that was known for crucifying common criminals, now held the Savior of all. As I was reading the poem, the tree  dared not to bow down or break while holding the Creator. "The Dream of the Rood" tells how it encounters the same experience as Christ went through. 
As I reflected on the poem, I viewed myself as the tree being carried on someone's shoulder while they are taking their final walk. They stick needles in me, as I hold up the Creator while He is taking his last breath. "The Dream of the Rood" sets a tone to where you can feel like you're there watching everything that's happening. 
"The Dream of the Rood" took a different perspective to how you see crucifixion. When I would picture Christ dying, I would see it from the audience view. However, when the author paints the picture as the tree, it made me feel as I was the one feeling the pain. 


Ashley W

No comments:

Post a Comment