Monday, November 17, 2014

Othello

We watched three movie adaptations of William Shakespeare's literary classic Othello. This story centers around the passionate love shared between Desdemona and Othello, that is ultimately broken by Iago, who is hell bent on destroying Othello. I can honestly say that when I found out we would be viewing the movies and learning about Othello, I was indifferent. I didn't have an opinion about the story or the films, but I figured it would be boring. I now know that Othello is the furthest thing from boring. I appreciated every movie adaptation more than the last and I believe there are many layers and perspectives to the characters. I'm glad that I was exposed to this remarkably interesting and exciting story. The best adaption in my opinion was O. Because it took place in modern day it was relatable and it reminded me that even though Shakespeare wrote this long ago, a situation similar to this situation could very well occur today.

-Eryn Peeler

No comments:

Post a Comment